Stop what you are doing immediately! If you've been heads down in the past 2 days, then you've probably missed some amazing news. First, over the weekend, IBM released IBM Connections 126.96.36.199. Immediately after on Monday, IBM released the brand new Desktop Plug-In for Microsoft Windows Explorer.
Check out everything that the plug-in can do:
- Upload files for personal use or to share with others
- Upload files to a community or attach them to an Activity
- Share existing Connections files with other users or with a community
- Drag and drop files from your desktop to Connections Files or to a community
- View and manage versions of your files
- Add comments to files or recommend files
- Edit and publish local drafts to Connections
- Pin or follow folders and files for easier tracking
- View business cards for people and invite them to your network
- Easily access all Connections features via browser links
This is huge!!! All of this, as usual, is available at no additional cost from the IBM Connections App Catalog.
As I've mentioned before, I believe that one of the things that helps rapidly gain adoption for a social business platform is bringing social to the end user. Just like in real-estate where location, location, location is critical, I believe that in social is all about integration, integration, integration. If you can bring social to the end user, they use it seamlessly and don't have to learn a new way to collaborate and don't even have to think about it. And, of course, this is all great especially when you can achieve all this integration for free.
Want to see it in action? Check out this video that I recorded (play it in full screen for HD viewing) (oh and yes, you have to watch the whole video as my favorite feature is towards the end of the video):
Download it today and enjoy!!