Seems like most people are excited with this announcement, as they should be! To me, the biggest benefit will be seen by the Notes users who will now be able to leverage Connections directly from their Notes client thanks to all the awesome (free!!) Connections plugins we have in our app catalog. For example, Notes users that didn't have Connections before, now will have the ability to:
- Hover over a name and see a user's business card
- Search for files and people
- See and post status updates
- Drag-n-drop Files from Connections into an email or vice versa
As the entitlement states, Homepage is not entitled so here's how you would disable Homepage once everything has been installed:
1) Check out the LotusConnections-config.xml with the command LCConfigService.checkOutConfig("C:/temp","foo01Cell01") as documented here: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/lcwiki.nsf/dx/Editing_configuration_files_ic301
2) Open the file with your favorite text editor
3) Find the text listed below (it'll be similar to this):
4) Check the file back in
5) Restart IBM Connections.
Homepage is now hidden from end users. I'm anxious to see even more users on Connections now with this entitlement!