Last year, it was officially signed on IBM paper that I would be moving to the IBM Social Software product management team (even though the move was actually back in September 2010). Thus, I figured I would share a bit about the last year and what I'm looking forward to see in the next year.
The past year has been a tremendously fun one. Travel has been significantly reduced (so I can spend more time with the family) and I've learned a lot about how the IBM business runs. When I joined the team, I took the reins for IBM Lotus Quickr Domino and today I also co-manage LotusLive Connections and IBM Connections (Files and Wikis).
During the past year I've had a lot of opportunities, such as:
- Working on the abstract selection process for Lotusphere 2011 (and presented there for the first time ever!!)
- Briefed various analysts such as Forrester where we were recently named Leader in their Forrester Wave. Also worked with Stowe Boyd to update the write up for IBM Connections
- Started planning for the next releases of Quickr Domino (more about this below) and worked to improve the documentation to make it easier to find information.
- Participated in the selection process for the new IBM Champions
- Worked towards closure of the LotusLive Connections winter release and have started planning next year's release
- Worked towards closure of the IBM Connections 4.0 plan and have started thinking about the next release
- Actively monitoring the IBM Connections Users community in Greenhouse, specially it's Idea list ;)
- Published various videos to YouTube (e.g. IBM Connections with embed.ly and creating custom icons for Connections)
- Participated in various conferences like Enterprise 2.0 in Boston and IMPACT in Las Vegas (and co-submitted an abstract with Suzanne Livingston for SXSW 2012. Hope we get selected!)
- Started working on content for Lotusphere 2012.
- Started blogging on Technorati to take the IBM message to a larger audience
- Started the Social Media Club in Puerto Rico (ok, not officially related to IBM, but a way to keep spreading the social business message)
This week I'm presenting the latest roadmap for Quickr Domino and I'll talk about the next two releases of the product. The roadmap will be presented to our internal sales folks as well as to our business partners at the same time. Once this happens, I'm expecting they'll start helping me spread the word with all of our current and prospective customers. Additionally, I'll be flying to New York to talk about some of the new announcements that will come out this week (more on that later this week)Next week, I'll be participating at the IBM Leadership Alliance conference (something I didn't get a chance to participate on last year since I joined the team at about the same time). Looking forward to talk to some of our key customers and get even more content ready for Lotusphere 2012.