Yesterday, I took upon the task to upgrade the Lotus Connections v1.0.2 PoT (Proof-of-Technology) image to the GA version of Lotus Connections v2. I wasn't sure what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to do the upgrade. At a high-level, here' s what you need to do:
- Run a wizard to update the database schemas ( 5 mins )
- Run a wizard to create the new Homepage database (if needed) (7 mins)
- Run a wizard to uninstall Lotus Connections v1.0.2 ( 10 mins )
- Run a wizard to upgrade WAS to 220.127.116.11 (1 hr )
- Run a wizard to install Lotus Connections v2 (20 mins )
- Install any appropriate fixes.
That's right, assuming you download all the software first, you can do the upgrade in about 2 hours!!! (though it depends on processor speed, and hard disk speed). There were a couple of snags that I ran to. I don't know if it was because I did something wrong during the upgrade, or my v1.0.2 environment was messed up, but I'm documenting here just in case:
- The port numbers weren't set to 80 as before. I had to go into the <WAS_PROFILE_ROOT>\config\cells\<cellName>\LotusConnections-Config\LotusConnections-Config.xml and set the ports there.
- I had to re-map the modules to the HTTP server
- I had to re-generate the WAS plug-in
- I had to re-run the TDI assembly line to update the user's GUID with the correct value from my Domino LDAP.
After fixing those items, I got Lotus Connections v2 up-and-running! And wow...It runs extremely fast!! Of course, more detailed information can be found in the InfoCenter. Can't wait to see what's coming in the next release