Shortly before I left on paternity leave a great podcast kicked off for all things Lotus. I'm currently returning from a trip to New Jersey and catching up on this wonderful podcast: This Week In Lotus. One of the things that I've come to like about the podcast is the interaction from the participants **and** the actual participants. Each episode has representation from IBM, business partners and even customers for a complete 360 degree perspective.
I'm currently listening to episode 8, where the crew discusses the IDC report where IBM is named the Market Leader in Enterprise 2.0 Platforms. I highly recommend this episode to anyone interested in evaluating Enterprise 2.0 platforms and those interested in IBM's Enterprise 2.0 offerings. In this episode you will hear:
- IBM's response to IDC's report
- Lotus Connections vs Microsoft Sharepoint (which IDC doesn't consider a social platform)
- Adoption of Lotus Connections
- Business Partners offerings along Lotus Connections
- A preview of new things to come in the next release of Lotus Connections
Another thing I like about this podcast is how each episode ends with a random tip from each of the participants.