Hot off the presses! One of the most popular plug-ins for IBM Connections, IBM's Enterprise Social Network, is the Desktop plug-in for Microsoft Windows. This plug-in gives you quick access to all your files directly from Windows Explorer and Microsoft Office.
To recap, the IBM Connections Desktop Plug-ins for Microsoft Windows provides the following features from Microsoft Windows Explorer:
- Upload local files to IBM Connections from Windows Explorer or from your desktop
- Share uploaded files with people, communities, or folders in IBM Connections
- Work on files locally and publish them to IBM Connections
- View people's contact details and get in touch with them
- Pin, follow, or like IBM Connections files and folders
- View or contribute comments for a file
- Lock a file when you are editing it to prevent file conflicts
- View and restore files from IBM Connections Trash
- Share folders with IBM Connections Communities
In the latest release, of the plugin we've added the following new languages: Croatian, Romanian, Slovak, and Bulgarian. Additionally, we've also now enabled the plug-in so that administrators can customize the branding of it. For example, if you have deployed IBM Connections and you are calling it "ConnectTED" internally, you can now make sure that the plug-in obeys this branding.
If you haven't seen the plug-in yet, here's a demo that I recorded a couple of months ago: