One of the things that was very exciting about Lotusphere 2012 #ls12 is how the ecosystem for both IBM Connections and Lotus Quickr is growing. One of the business partners that introduced a solution is Lialis. They introduced a WebDAV add-on for IBM Connections.
So what is WebDAV? Let's not get into the technical details. Let's focus instead on what it enables. As per Lialis:
- Downloading synchronizing content from/to IBM Connections Files
- Deliver shared drives connected to IBM Connections to the users PC (OS independent)
- Allow easy archiving of content stored in IBM Connections by coping the files from the file share
- Readers apps supported: Goodreader, Readdledocs, Bitknex, WebDrive, readers for Android (*)
- Download files from IBM Connections, upload files to IBM Connections via WebDAV
- Delete files in IBM Connections via WebDAV
- Create communities or profiles inside the IBM Connections via Webdav
- Parallel user sessions supported
To me the most exciting feature is the ability to use IBM Connections as a mounted drive directly on your computer. For example, if have a Mac like me you could use this solution to mount all of your IBM Connections Files directly in Finder. Set up your Finder as described here in 3 steps and you are done! Very cool, right?
They have put together a quick video demonstrating the solution
To learn more, go here. And if you use Quickr, they also have a solution for you here: http://www.lialis.com/lotussolutionprovider.nsf/pages/quickrwebdav