A customer recently reached out and told me that Lotus Connections Profiles was only accepting images (or photos) in GIF and JPEG format. He had a need, however, to allow end users to upload their photos in PNG format.
You may be thinking that in order to allow this, I had to hack away the code, change some JSPs files, add a lot of Java code, and the such. Au contraire, my friend! Here's what I had to do to enable PNG photo uploads in Profiles:
- Go to <WAS_PROFILE_ROOT>/installedApps/<CELL_NAME>/Profiles.ear/peoplepages.war/WEB-INF
- Save a backup of validation.xml
- Open validation.xml with your favorite text editor
- Find this line (it's there twice):
and add the following lines after it:
- Remember, this line appears in two places so make sure you edit both lines
- Save the file
- Restart the system
Don't you love it when the architecture for a product allows you to do easy things like this ? I do..
P.S. In case you are wondering about the two MIME types.. Firefox uses image/png and IE uses image/x-png. Go figure ...