Here's a highlight of some of the new and enhanced features:
- NEW: attach a file to a status update
- NEW: like / unlike a status update
- NEW: Activity stream integration allows to monitor updates for all Connections services
- NEW: search by people and communities
- NEW: Lock/unlock files
- NEW: Connections 4.0 style UI (improved formatting and layout, enlarged images, additional content including like and comment counts).
- View status updates for your colleagues, communities or organization (support for "Discover" view).
- View your board or someone else's board.
- NEW: Microblogging within a community
- NEW: Post a file as attachment along with posting a Status Update.
- Support for Linux desktops
I believe that these plug-ins are extremely important in helping drive the adoption of the IBM Social Business platform. A lot of customers have been re-iterating how powerful these plug-ins are since they bring the power of social to the end user, instead of forcing the user to learn a new interface and collaborate in a different context.
If you haven't seen the plug-in in action yet, I'll be posting a demo movie later. For now, here's a screenshot that I took last year and will be sharing more later this week:
You can download the plug-ins from our App Catalog as usual here.