Suzanne and I have submitted our abstracts so let me tell you about them.
First, I think is one that is going to be loved by all fans of the movie Office Space. If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend that you check it out (it's in Netflix right now). A funny scene in the movie is when an employee is reprimanded when not formatting their "TPS" report properly. So at SXSW we want to talk about how you can make that TPS report social! You can watch the scene below:
Second, we are proposing a panel so attendees can learn how companies have transformed their cultures to create a more engaged workforce, accelerate innovation, and lead in social business. With only 8% of organizations leveraging social collaboration tools across the entire enterprise, I truly believe that we need to do more to get this going and starting by transforming the corporate culture is key.
Would you like these to be part of the SXSW 2013 agenda? So do I!!! So here's how you can help out.
Please comment and vote on the following two abstracts. (Note: to vote, you need to be signed in):
1) Yes, that TPS report can be social, too - http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/582
2) Corporate Culture shock: when strategy isn't enough - http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/575
Discussions on the abstracts are highly important, so don't forget to comment. Also, while you are in the PanelPicker site, you may want to check out the other sessions submitted by other IBMers:
- Empowering Employees in Social Media at Scale - Susan Emerick - http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/5542
- Now or Never: Leading "Social" Business Change - Jennifer Dubow - http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/3955
- Avoid Social Jellyfishes: Enter the 4th Brand Era - Sandy Carter - http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/855
- How Swordfighting taught me Social Business Skills - Rawn Shah - http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/74
- Tricks of the trade: Grow unity in your community - Joyce Davis - http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/4021
- Getting Away With It: IBM Social Sells the Cloud - Cheryl Mikovch - http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/6080
- Under the Influence: Activate Content & Advocates - Leslie Reiser - http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/5422
- I Know Where You're Going: Location as Biometric - Jeff Jonas - http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/3353