IBM today released a new update for the IBM Connections App for Android mobile devices. Back in August 2011, the first version of this app was released to the Android Marketplace and now today the latest update for this app is now available for download from Google Play.
Looking at the reviews for the app, so far the uptake has been tremendously positive. And I'm sure that with this update more and more people will enjoy using this app.
This update has a massive list of new features and improvements:
- New and improved user experience
- New getting started tutorial
- New interface for Profiles
- Native integration of Profiles with device (e.g. save contact in device for access offline, share contact, click-to-call, etc)
- Generate QR codes for contacts
- New search capabilities, including type-ahead search!
- New cached views for faster response times
- Support for multiple IBM Connections accounts (e.g. inside/outside firewall)
- Support to access files offline (and encrypted) on the device
- Ability to share files with communities
- Save pictures locally (offline)
- Ability for administrators to control branding/look-n-feel from server
- Ability for administrators to add additional menu items from server
- Ability for administrators to add a custom end user agreement
- Ability for administrator to customize the login form
- App provisioning via email
- Support for Single Sign On solutions such as WebSEAL/TAM, Siteminder, and SPNEGO
As you can see, this is a massive release, so make sure you go out to Google Play right now and download the latest update. And if you haven't installed it, go ahead and give it a try. The app is pre-configured for Greenhouse, so simply enter your credentials and off you go.
Check out this demo that I recorded recently giving you a brief preview of some of the features included in the app:
To download the IBM Connections Mobile App for Android for free, click here. (By the way, if you are interested in the iOS app for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch devices, click here)
Enjoy! (in the meantime, we'll keep working on the next release!)