IBM today released the latest update of the IBM Connections Mobile app for iOS ( iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch). The universal app for IBM Connections was initially released late last year. This release delivers on the roadmap shown at earlier this year at Lotusphere 2012 and is the Spring 2012 release. Check out this long list of new features in this:
- New and improved user experience
- New getting started tutorial
- New interface for Profiles
- Native integration of Profiles with device (e.g. save contact in device for access offline, share contact, click-to-call, etc)
- New search capabilities, including type-ahead search!
- New cached views for faster response times
- Support for multiple IBM Connections accounts (e.g. inside/outside firewall)
- Support to access files offline (and encrypted) on the device
- Ability to share files with communities
- Save pictures locally (offline)
- App provisioning by email
- Ability for administrators to control branding/look-n-feel from server
- Ability for administrators to add additional menu items from server
- Ability for administrators to add a custom end user agreement
- Ability for administrator to customize the login form
- Support for Single Sign On solutions such as WebSEAL/TAM, Siteminder, and SPNEGO
As you can see, this is a massive release, so make sure you go out to the iTunes App Store right now and download the latest update. And if you haven't installed it, go ahead and give it a try. The app is pre-configured for Greenhouse, so simply enter your credentials and off you go.
I've captured a demo showing these latest updates which you can see below:
Get the IBM Connections app for iPad now for free from here!
Enjoy! (in the meantime, we'll keep working on the next release!)