So after 3 weeks of being away from the office, I'm back. What kept me out for so long? This beautiful baby that just arrived .
And besides this beautiful creature arriving, I was glad to open my email on Friday to find 570 unread emails! Yikes. Before starting to tackle this mountain of email, I decided to use Lotus Notes attention indicators to figure out which emails really needed my attention. Turns out, only 53 emails needed my attention, 6 were spam, and 511 were Bacn. So 53 emails over 15 works days works out to 3.5 emails per day. There's your proof that Enterprise 2.0 software significantly reduces the need for email.
Now, a lot of things happened while I was away and I wanted to do a quick re-cap:
- Lotus Connections v3 is now deployed on the Greenhouse - If you have a Greenhouse account, go take a peek!
- A little project that I've been working on with Sacha Chua was published to IBM TAP site (Technical Adoption Program). This is my 1st TAP contribution! - more on this later
- My Lotus Connections notifications plugin for Lotus Notes has been published to the Lotus Catalog - download and install from here.
- My Lotus Connections notifications plugin for Lotus Sametime has been published to the Lotus Catalog - download and install from here.
- The Australian Bureau of Statistics announced they have adopted Lotus Connections
- RIM released the 2.5 version of their Blackberry Client for Lotus Connections
- US Banks picks Lotus Connections over Microsoft SharePoint