Yesterday was the official launch of the Social Business User Group running on the latest IBM Social Business technology. The new site is running at SocialBizUG.org and is built on top of IBM Connections 4.0. It's another great example of building a community site on top of Connections..
On the site, members have the ability create profiles, connect with peers, read and write blogs and wikis, share files, and much more. You will want to go to the site and set up your account and your profile to get started.
Joyce Davis highlighted the following benefits of the new SocialBizUG.org site:
- More content—articles, blogs, whitepapers, webcasts, forum discussions, ideation blogs, wikis, and much more.
- Better design, better navigation—a more user-friendly design, refined navigation, re-designed pages, and added new features
- New ways to develop your personal network—find members based on their interests or areas of expertise and add them to your network.
- Ideation blogs—pick the brains of your colleagues and work together in online brainstorming sessions that foster collaboration, thought leadership, and new ways of thinking.
- Individual member blogs—share success stories, comment about the projects you’re working on, and more.
- Customizable user group pages—User groups can now post specific announcements or messages for their members on their own page, which is hosted on SocialBizUG.org
- User profiles—create a profile, upload photos and files, and share details about your skill set, projects, challenges, and more.
- Search capability—Search specific topics and get complete results in seconds.
So go out and check out the new site, www.SocialBizUG.org . New members can register for their free accounts there as well!