A particular session that I got great feedback from developers was the one titled Mastering the IBM Connections Developers Experience. Vijay Francis and Paul Bastide took the audience through the options to integrate with IBM Connections Cloud. One of the samples was how to take an existing app and bring in our navigation components into it in less than 30 seconds!
So imagine you have an app like this:
Now let's take that and add the IBM Connections Cloud navigation to it. Add a couple of lines of code and boom!
Now, you have an easy and consistent way for users to go back and forth between your app and the main Connections interface. So how did I do this? As easy as 1-2-3:
- Add the following before the closing body tag in your web app
- Add the following to the head tag
<link href="http://apps.na.collabserv.com/theming/theme/css/3" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></link>
- Add the following CSS classes to your opening body tag
class="lotusui30 lotusui30_body lotusui30_fonts scloud3"
For more information check out these links:
- Add the Connections banner to your app
- IBM Connections Cloud Navigation Tips & Tricks - Van Staub
- Seamless User Experience with IBM Connections Cloud - Paul Bastide
- Reuse the IBM Connections Cloud Banner in Apps - Niklas Heidloff
- How to Build a Hello World App for IBM Connections
- IBM Connections Developers - http://developer.ibm.com/social