Now that we are officially in second quarter and IBM Connections 4.5 shipped, I can talk a little bit more about more things coming this year, specifically this quarter. Coming in a few weeks is a new add-on for Connections that will add polls and surveys.
With this add-on, community managers will be able to:
- Use a question-based authoring tool to create polls and surveys directly from the community
- Configure who can see results
- Configure if results are tied to a user or collected anonymously
- Notify members via the activity stream. Members will be able to respond via the embedded experience (even from their mobile devices)
- Notify members via an email notification. Members will be able to respond via the embedded experience (requires a modern email client such as IBM Notes 9).
- and much more...
The Product Manager for this offering is Marty Lechleider so if you have any questions (such as licensing), reach out to him. In fact, Marty created the following demo to show off the new capabilities of Forms Experience Builder "Next" and how it integrates seamlessly into IBM Connections: