And with this, I'll close this blog for 2008. I'll be back at work on January 2nd, 2009! At that time, I'll first go through my feed reader to see what has happened while I was away, and then I will go through my email to tackle the new year!
As I say my good bye to 2008, I wanted to recap my accomplishments. This will also help me summarize what I've done when I have my one-on-one with my manager later on to discuss my contributions to IBM.
- Moved from Social Software Services (consulting) to a new job as Social Software Technical Evangelist for IBM
- Attended Lotusphere for the first time ever!
- Got Certified as an I/T Specialist by the IBM Certification Board
- Switched to RedHat Linux from Windows XP for a couple of months as my primary workstation
- Switched to Mac from Linux in April as my primary workstation
- My wife had our first baby
- I got promoted
- I was (one of?) the first blogger to report on IBM's victory over Microsoft at the Enterprise 2.0 Conference face-off
- Published an article in developerWorks
- Started my first BizTech project about a social software project
- Hacked Notes v8.5 for the Mac to add the Lotus Connections Activities sidebar
- Served as stakeholder for the Lotus Connections RedWiki
- Mentored 3 IBMers and helped them get published in developerWorks
- Submitted my first HackDay entry and won 1st place in the Connections category!
- Learned Dojo
- Contibuted to a social software book via a Wiki
- Was interviewed twice for a social software book
- Met with over 70 customers to talk about the business value of social software
- Served as a reviewer for two different books
- Travelled to some cities for the first time: Seattle, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo
- Created various TDI videos that were also published in tdi-users.org
- Got featured in IBM's home page (w3) twice this year!
- Continued leading the WW Lotus Social Software Community
I hope you have a very merry holiday season and a Happy New Year! Stay safe!